Dearest Heavenly Father, may Your will be accomplished through Lana Popham, MLA for Sannich South and Opposition Critic for the Ministry of Agriculture, as she serves her constituency and the people of British Columbia in her current posting. Use the knowledge she has to affect those around her and the decisions that have to be made in order to accomplish all that You purpose. May she feel supported by her colleagues at work and her family at home and be encouraged to do all she must do to the best of her ability. Refresh her spirit and let anxiousness be far from her. We ask this in Jesus’ name.
Lana Popham was elected as a Member of the British Columbia Legislative Assembly for the Constituency of Saanich South on May 12, 2009.
She is also the New Democratic Opposition Critic for the Ministry of Agriculture.
Lana was raised on Quadra Island and has an undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia.
Lana has an extensive track record as a community leader, advocate and environmental activist. For example, her recent contributions include being a:
- Member of Saanich's Planning, Transportation and Economic Development Committee,
- President the Vancouver Island Grape Growers Association,
- Chair of the Certification Committee for the Islands Organic Producers Association,
- Commissioner on the Peninsula Agricultural Commission, and a
- Voting Member of the Agri-Food Initiative Advisory Committee.
In late 2007, Lana launched a campaign called “Think Outside the Bag” to reduce the use of disposable bags. While initially dismissed by cynics, in less than two years this campaign has helped to dramatically change how consumers use plastic bags